1. We Do Not Provide Medical Advice
YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. DO NOT USE THE SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 911. YOUR USE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES (AS DEFINED HEREIN) ARE INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, Providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on the Site. If you rely on any of the information provided by the Site, you do so solely at your own risk. We have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of any doctor or dentist ("Provider") at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting from the use of the Site or Services whatsoever.
2. About the Site
As part of the registration process, you will provide an e-mail address and create a password. These are your credentials for accessing the Services that are only available to members ("Credentials").
5. Your Personal Information
6. Your Responsibilities
- Copy, modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site, its content or materials and/or the Services;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site and/or the Services or in or on any content or other material obtained via the Site and/or the Services;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services;
- access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews related to the health care industry or medical providers;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site and/or the Services;
- fraudulently misuse the Services by scheduling an appointment with a Provider which you have no intention of keeping;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
7. Changes to the Services
8. Links to Other Sites
The Site may include links to other websites, including links provided as automated search results. Some of these sites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not mean that we endorse these sites or the products and services they provide. You acknowledge and a
9. Additional Terms
10. No Spam
You may not use contact information provided by our users or collaborating Providers, or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications such as SPAM. You may not allow others to use your account to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your membership or access to the Site immediately and take other legal action if you or anyone using your Credentials violates these provisions.
11. Content You Post or Submit
We reserve the right to remove any content that you submit, publish or display on the Site or transmit to other members and/or users of the Site (hereinafter, "Posted Content") in our sole discretion. We are not, however, responsible for any failure or delay in removing Posted Content. Keep in mind that the Posted Content of others is simply opinion and should not be relied on. In addition:
- You are solely responsible for your Posted Content.
- You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party.
- You may not provide any Posted Content that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by HealthLeap.
- You may not provide any Posted Content that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity.
- You agree that you will only provide Posted Content that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
- By posting Posted Content on the Site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, HealthLeap, its contractors, and the users of the Site an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Content and to adapt, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content. This license is non-exclusive, except you agree that HealthLeap shall have the exclusive right to practice this license to the extent of combining your Posted Content with the Posted Content of other HealthLeap users for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews related to the health care industry.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of content and communications that are illegal or prohibited
on/through the Site. HealthLeap reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole
discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending
communication from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the
Services and/or the Site. You may not post content that:
- is false or intentionally misleading;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; or
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature.
Notwithstanding any other provisions contained herein, any comments, suggestions, or feedback relating to the Site or the Services (collectively "Feedback") submitted to HealthLeap shall become the property of HealthLeap or its designee. HealthLeap will not be required to treat any Feedback as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas (including without limitation, product, Site or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in our future Site, Services, or operations. Without limitation, HealthLeap will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Feedback of every kind and nature everywhere and will be entitled to use the Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Feedback. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not HealthLeap, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
12. Copyright Dispute Policy
HealthLeap has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at http://www.lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of HealthLeap's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section.
It is HealthLeap's policy to (a) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (b) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements.
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Site or the Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that HealthLeap is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is HealhLeap's policy:
- To remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- To notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- That for repeat offenders, HealthLeap will also terminate such content provider's, member's or user's access to the service.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent.
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- The content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which HealthLeap is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, HealthLeap may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at HealthLeap's discretion.
Address for Designated Agent.
Please contact HealthLeap's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following
MDx-HL Holdings, LLC
210 Clay Ave, Suite 140
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
Phone: (201) 842-0760
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Your Use of Content
Except for content posted or submitted by you or any other visitors to the Site, all of the content available on or through the Services and/or the Site, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by us and our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain HealthLeap's proprietary information. We give you permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit the Site in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever except as expressly provided herein. Except as is expressly and unambiguously provided herein, HealthLeap and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site and the Services not expressly granted by HealthLeap to you are retained by HealthLeap.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, HEALTHLEAP MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. HEALTHLEAP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
15. General Limitation of Liability
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO UTILIZE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR (B) $100. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
18. Electronic Contracting and Notice
19. Entire Agreement
20. Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
23. Independent Contractors
The relationship between you and HealthLeap is one of independent contractors. Neither party will represent that it has any authority to assume or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party, or to represent the other party as agent, employee, or in any other capacity, except as specifically provided herein.
Last Updated on March 11, 2010.
Copyright © 2011 MDx-HL Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved.